5 Ways to use the $250 Parents NSW Voucher
The NSW Government’s Parent Voucher to reward and thank eligible NSW families for their endurance and efforts of supporting remote learning in 2021. It’s a time that many of us may wish not to repeat, (or maybe it was an unexpected opportunity to bond), so this perhaps is a small way to encourage families to create memories that will supersede those of having to share the dining room table and dialing into virtual meetings that caused zoom fatigue – for us and the kids!
What is on offer and how can it be accessed?
- $250 (5 x $50) vouchers can be redeemed via the My Service NSW app from February 2022 and expire on the 9th October 2022. They can be redeemed 7 days a week, including public holidays.
- You can use multiple Parents NSW vouchers in the same transaction
- You can join forces with another household and combine the Parents NSW vouchers up to a total of $250 towards the same bill (if permitted by the business – best to check beforehand)
Who exactly is eligible for the Parents NSW Voucher?
- You must be a NSW resident, and be the parent, guardian or carer of a child who was aged 4.5 to 18 years in 2021 and enrolled in school which includes Kindergarten through to Year 12 and secondary school education students at TAFE NSW.
- Only one parent can apply from each household
- If the child has 2 parents, guardians or carers at separate addresses, and the child lives at both addresses, each household can apply for a set of vouchers
Now for the fun part, the vouchers can be used at any of the existing businesses already registered under the ‘Discover NSW Business’ and ‘Stay NSW Business’.
Here are 5 ways to use the $250 Parents NSW Voucher throughout NSW.
Image courtesy of Jameberoo Action Park
1. Jamberoo Action Park – where you control the action! Located on the south coast of NSW, the park is the state’s largest family owned and operated water theme park, offering world class rides and attractions in an impeccably maintained, natural setting between the mountains and the sea. The $50 voucher can be redeemed at the gate and the value will be applied to online pricing – so the most you’ll pay is $10 per person!
Image courtesy of Mogo Zoo
2. Featherdale Sydney Wildlife Park, Mogo Wildlife Park and Hunter Valley Wildlife Park. Why visit one park when you can visit all three? An amazing offer where if you purchase two x adult annual passes ($250, discounted from $260), not only are children free, but you can visit at any time during the year! Plan a visit to each and make a weekend away from it, or simply pop into your closest one to cuddle a koala.
Image courtesy of Escape Reality Newcastle
3. Escape Reality Newcastle – whether you are an escape room first time or a self proclaimed expert, these rooms are definitely worth a visit. Suitable for those in high school (min age is 15 years old) this experience is an opportunity to strengthen your relationship as a family, improve communication and most importantly, is a source of entertainment. The voucher value is applied to as many games as you want!
Image courtesy of Skydive Australia Wollongong
4. Skydive Australia Wollongong – not for the faint hearted, but an experience one will never forget. If your child is 12 or over and has had this on their bucket list then it’s a great opportunity to ‘jump’ on it and have the majority of the cost for one of you covered. Consider it a dive into a new chapter of your relationship!
Image courtesy of Shangri-La Sydney
5. Shangri-La Sydney This isn’t exactly a day out with the family, but an amazing opportunity to spend the night in Sydney’s CBD with views of our iconic Harbour Bridge and the Opera House. The $250 may not cover the entire bill, (you can get away with only having to top up another $30!) but it’s the excuse you needed to treat yourself to some luxury because you deserve it. Quick tip – you don’t need to take the kids along to this one!
We hope we’ve given you some ideas and perhaps even encouraged you to venture into NSW. When you decide on how to use your Parent NSW Voucher, pop into the community and let us know!